Is consistently shifting backwards and forwards between a number of Twitter accounts draining your time and vitality?
If that’s the case, combining two accounts into one may also help you construct a robust and recognizable model picture with out bearing the undesirable administrative burden.
On this article, we’ll educate you methods to merge a number of Twitter accounts.
How Do You Merge Twitter Accounts?
Merging a number of Twitter accounts is among the finest issues a enterprise can do for its social presence. Whether or not you are combining two firms or performing a takeover, merging your Twitter accounts will forestall confusion amongst your clients, and your model recognition will thrive. However there’s an issue.
Twitter does not formally have a characteristic to merge two (or extra) accounts as of but. This additionally consists of any tweets, followers, or images that you just’d wish to migrate between two accounts.
Nonetheless, all just isn’t misplaced. Whereas there is no choice inside Twitter to merge a number of accounts, you may concurrently handle two profiles in a means that they seem as one large account — all it is advisable do is comply with these 5 easy steps:
1. Add A number of Accounts To Your Dashboard
Twitter has a nifty characteristic that permits you to log in to 5 accounts without delay and entry them straight by means of your dashboard.
Not solely does this assist you to change between a number of profiles with a single faucet, however it additionally makes it extraordinarily environment friendly to schedule content material and replace your account.
Here’s a step-by-step information on methods to add and handle a number of Twitter accounts to your dashboard for each iOS and Android customers:
1. Open your Twitter app and log in to your major account.
2. Subsequent, click on in your profile image from the highest left nook to open the sidebar.
- For iPhone customers: Faucet the avatar icon with the ‘+’ icon to open up account settings.
- For Android customers: Faucet the ‘↓‘ button to open account settings.
3. Choose the ‘Add present account‘ choice and enter your secondary account particulars. You’ll be able to add as much as 5 Twitter accounts to your dashboard this fashion.
2. Inform Your Followers About The Merger
Followers are most likely crucial metric for a Twitter account proprietor.
For the reason that social platform provides no method to switch followers between two profiles, you are sure to see a dip in your numbers throughout a merger.
Fortuitously, there is a easy repair for it; inform your followers concerning the merger beforehand. And here is a step-by-step information to show you methods to do it:
- Announce the merger through a tweet: Step one is to submit an announcement concerning the merger between each of your firms. Present pleasure and attempt to hype up your clients. As soon as posted, pin the tweet on prime of each accounts so new guests may get the notification concerning the consolidation.
- Work together with the followers of your new firm: Bear in mind, followers will solely be as excited because the model itself in the case of large adjustments. Subsequently, attempt to regularly submit thrilling information and updates in your new account to heat up their followers.
- Reply to buyer queries and ship DMs: Throughout a merger, it is pure for purchasers of the newly-acquired enterprise to message their considerations and questions. Well timed responding to those queries can considerably enhance the model picture of your important enterprise whereas additionally incomes you new followers. Utilizing private DMs to shift their viewers from the secondary account to your important account may also be a wonderful technique.
With these three steps, you may shift most of your followers out of your secondary account to your important Twitter account — all whereas retaining the emotional reference to their model.
When you’re nonetheless right here, make sure you take a look at our article on our 9 Finest Twitter Alternatives For Rising Your Viewers And On-line Presence.
3. Synchronize Your Posts On Each Accounts
Through the consolidation of Twitter accounts, you may select to go along with their choice:
- Merge your secondary account into your important account
- Run each accounts individually on the identical time
In the event you select the primary choice, the earlier step will assist you step by step transfer all of your followers/tweets to your important profile.
Nonetheless, in case you desire the second choice, then it is essential to synchronize your posts on each accounts so individuals not affiliate you as two separate companies.
Earlier than beginning, it is advisable research the viewers of your newly-acquired Twitter account for this technique to turn into successful. Take into account the next points throughout this era:
- Model tone and voice: Does the enterprise use a witty, skilled, or empowering tone for his or her captions and tweets?
- Frequency of posting: What number of photographs, movies, tweets, and hyperlinks does the enterprise share in a day/week/month?
- Engagement metrics: What kind of submit receives probably the most likes/retweets/shares on their account?
As soon as you’ve got thought-about all these points, it is time to synchronize your posts on each accounts. For that function, we suggest SocialPilot.
SocialPilot is a super-useful instrument that helps you sync posts on a number of Twitter accounts by scheduling them on the identical time a number of months prematurely. Not solely that, however SocialPilot additionally offers detailed analytics and engagement stories on all your posts on Twitter, Fb, Instagram, and nearly each fashionable social media platform.
As soon as each of your Twitter accounts begin publishing content in coordination, followers will routinely draw the connection between each companies. You’ll be able to select to proceed this in the long term, or additional enhance your model continuity by implementing the subsequent step.
4. Change Your Username And Bio
Within the remaining levels of a merger, crucial step is to replace the account particulars of your newly-acquired Twitter account.
This consists of your username, show title, bio, profile image, and something related to the earlier model.
Observe: Earlier than taking this step, it is essential to announce (and pin) the information of the merger in your recently-acquired Twitter account to keep away from confusion.
The very first thing it’s best to edit is the username of your new account. Attempt to seek for a title that is just like your important account.
For instance, in case your important username is @nichepursuits, think about renaming it to @nicheepursuits or @nichepursuits1 so your viewers associates each accounts as one.
Equally, you additionally must replace the bio. You’ll be able to add a brief announcement of the merger with a hyperlink to your official account, or copy/paste the bio out of your important profile to construct a connection between the 2.
Listed below are the steps to vary your profile image/bio/show title:
- Open Twitter and click on on Profile from the left navigation menu.
- Faucet on the Edit Profile button and replace all your info.
- Hit Save to use your adjustments.
Listed below are the steps to vary your username:
- Open Twitter and click on on Settings and Assist > Settings and Privateness from the left menu bar.
- Choose Your Account > Account info > Username and enter your new username.
- Press Carried out to save lots of your adjustments.
5. Retarget Misplaced Followers Utilizing Advertisements
Twitter at the moment doesn’t have any characteristic that permits you to switch followers from one account to a different.
All of this migration must be finished manually, and also you’re sure to lose 1000’s (or worse, hundreds of thousands) of followers throughout your entire course of.
However there’s a method you may reduce the lack of followers whereas merging two accounts. And that is Twitter Advertisements.
You’ll be able to launch a Followers Marketing campaign on each accounts to draw potential clients to your profile. Not solely will this assist you retarget any followers that had been misplaced throughout the merger, but additionally deliver new ones to additional enhance your model consciousness.
Attempt to implement these tricks to improve the effectiveness of your follower campaigns:
- Use your most viral media in advert campaigns
- Maintain your profile image and bio up to date
- Add just a few emojis to your captions
You probably have the price range, you too can rent influencers to unfold the phrase about your merger. Discover individuals which might be fashionable in your business, and have first rate following and interplay figures on their profile. Pay them to tweet concerning the merger of each accounts and write an attractive caption that compels their viewers to comply with you.
As soon as you’ve got efficiently accomplished all steps and have obtained sufficient followers, you may go forward and deactivate your outdated account or maintain operating it side-by-side.
Listed below are some solutions to regularly requested questions on merging Twitter accounts.
Do You Lose Followers After Altering Your Twitter Username?
No, altering your Twitter username doesn’t essentially imply you’ll lose followers. Nonetheless, it could possibly confuse your viewers, and a few might unfollow your account if you don’t inform them beforehand.
Can You Switch Twitter Followers To One other Account?
Sadly, Twitter doesn’t permit customers emigrate information, together with followers, tweets, or direct messages, to a different account as of but.
How Do You Hyperlink Two Twitter Accounts To One Electronic mail?
You’ll be able to create a number of Twitter accounts on the identical e-mail tackle with Gmail. To take action, go to Twitter and click on the ‘Create a brand new account‘ button. When requested to supply an e-mail, kind your authentic Gmail tackle plus an alias, i.e. [email protected]. The alias may be something, similar to a digit, phrase, or title. When you’re finished, you’re going to get emails individually in your alias account from Twitter.
How To Merge Twitter Accounts: Conclusion
And that is it for at the moment’s article. Whereas we’re but to see an choice that permits us to merge two Twitter accounts, options like multi-user login and Twitter Advertisements may also help us work round this downside within the meantime.
In the event you’re an entrepreneur or marketer, take a look at our record of Best Twitter Accounts To Follow For Marketing And Enterprise Suggestions!
Or, if you wish to take your Twitter account to the subsequent stage, learn our information on 10 Powerful Twitter Hacks From Justin Welsh.